Schedule a ConsultationGet Started Today
Fill out the form below or call (888) 223-8176 to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main cases that you deal with?
At the Patel Law Group, we deal with a lot of different type of cases. The main ones we deal with are:
- Cases involving immigration
- Cases involving visas
- Visa filing applications
- Getting fiancé visas
- Citizenship issues
- Work related visas
What is the main difference between naturalization and citizenship?
If you are an immigrant in United States, you will need to go through the process of obtaining citizenship. This process is called naturalization. After you are done with the formalities you will be able to get permanent citizenship in the country. However, you may find that the two terms are used interchangeably.
How do I complete the naturalization process?
The following steps are a part of naturalization process:
- Submit an application form.
- Complete the interview on the scheduled date.
- Pass the citizenship test that is arranged.
- Take the oath of allegiance.
There may be some minor steps in between and the details of the steps can differ. However, this is the general guideline of the naturalization process.
What is a “Conviction” under Immigration Law?
- A Guilty plea in addition to a court-ordered restraint on liberty is a conviction
- “Nolo contendere” or “no contest” plea in addition to a court-imposed restraint or punishment on your liberty is a conviction
- Foreign convictions
- Expungements do not erase convictions under immigration law
- Probation before judgment (PBJ) is a conviction