Relative Petitions in Washington D.C.

Professional Service from an Immigration Lawyer in D.C. & Baltimore

If you are a citizen of the United States, you can help a relative obtain a green card and become a lawful permanent resident of the United States. In order to do so, you need to sponsor your relative and prove that you have enough income or assets to support that relative when he or she comes to the U.S. 

At the Patel Law Group, we can provide outstanding representation in all your immigration matters. Each experienced immigration attorney with our firm is dedicated to our clients and their cases.

We have nearly 20 years' experience in immigration matters, including family-based visas. We hold membership in the AILA and the Federal Bar Association. We have an impressive portfolio and numerous awards, as evidence of the quality of professional services we provide to our clients.

Relative Petitions: High Quality Counsel for with Family-Based Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may petition for the following relatives:

  • Husband or wife
  • Children (married or unmarried)

If you are at least 21 years of age, you may also petition for:

  • Parents
  • Siblings

Your petition gives your relative a place in line with others from the same region or country who are waiting to immigrate based on the same type of relationship. Typically, your relative's spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can also apply for an immigrant visa, along with your relative when he or she reaches the front of the line.

Choosing a Financial Sponsor for Family Petitions

Each person who immigrates through a relative's petition must have a financial sponsor, under the law. When the time comes for your relative to immigrate, you must agree to serve as financial sponsor. Other individuals will need to make this commitment if you do not meet the financial qualifications.

Contact us for sound counsel and superior representation in immigration matters.


  • “Chirag at The Patel Law Group provided good advice and was honest.”

    - Sakina N H.
  • “I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who needs immigration services.”

    - Parul P.
  • “Thank you Patel Law Group!! Keep up the good work.”

    - F.G.


    Get Started Now

    Learn which visas you are eligible for you to enter the United States, and get assistance applying. Contact an immigration attorney at (888) 223-8176 today!

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
    • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy