E-2 Visa For Treaty Investors

Representing Immigration Clients Throughout Baltimore & D.C.

Our legal team at The Patel Law Group is committed to helping clients throughout D.C. obtain the visas they need to make investments in U.S. businesses. If you are an investor or entrepreneur who wants to come to the United States to conduct short-term or long-term business, you will need to apply for an E-1 or E-2 visa. Our law firm is here to provide you with experienced counsel, and we will gladly guide you through every aspect of the legal process to ensure your best interests are protected.

Call (888) 223-8176 or contact us online to request a consultation with our investor visa lawyer in Washington D.C. We handle E-1, E-2, and EB-5 cases. We serve clients throughout Maryland and Virginia. Reach out today.

Am I Eligible for an E-1 Visa?

The E-1 treaty trader visa is for foreign nationals who want to come to the U.S. to engage in international trade. If you want to apply for an E-1 visa, you must be from a country that currently has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S. and must be coming to the country to work in a substantial trade that qualifies for the E-1 classification. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify for the E-1 visa. Only employees in supervisory or executive positions, or those with specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the business, are eligible for the E-1 visa.

Items of trade under E-1 guidelines include:

  • Goods
  • Services
  • International Banking
  • Insurance
  • Transportation
  • Tourism
  • Technology
  • Certain News-Gathering Activities

Am I Eligible for an E-2 Visa?

If you want to apply for an E-2 visa, you must be coming to the United States to invest a significant amount of capital in a U.S. based enterprise. You can also apply for an E-2 visa if you want to buy an existing business or create a new one. Similar to the E-1 visa, you must be a citizen of a country that has a treaty of commerce with the U.S. to be eligible to apply. If you are approved for an E-2 visa, you can stay in the U.S. for two years. Although there is no limit on the number of times an E-2 visa can be renewed, each renewal is only good for a period of two years.

How Do I Get an E-2 Visa?

  • Complete the DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
  • Contact your nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to schedule an interview.
  • Depending on your situation, you may need to fill out a Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Treaty Investor Application as well.
  • Attend the interview. The official may request additional information. If your spouse and children are applying, they must also be present at the interview.
  • Your application will be approved or denied.

Am I Eligible for an EB-5 Visas?

To apply for an EB-5 visa, you must be coming to the country to make a substantial investment in a U.S.-based commercial enterprise. The U.S.-based commercial enterprise must also create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for U.S. workers. The minimum investment amount for the EB-5 visa is $1 million. However, this amount will increase to $1.8 million on November 21, 2019.

Let Us Handle Your Case Today

Do you need help applying for an investor visa? Then get in touch with The Patel Law Group to review the details of your case with our seasoned immigration lawyer. We have the skills and resources you need to secure a fair case result, and we are prepared to get to work for you today.

  • “Chirag at The Patel Law Group provided good advice and was honest.”

    - Sakina N H.
  • “Thank you Patel Law Group!! Keep up the good work.”

    - F.G.
  • “I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who needs immigration services.”

    - Parul P.


    Get Started Now

    Learn which visas you are eligible for you to enter the United States, and get assistance applying. Contact an immigration attorney at (888) 223-8176 today!

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.